A customer sustaining property damage as a result of water or power supply issues may be reimbursed if the fault lies with GEBE. If you believe your sensitive electronic equipment has been damaged as a result of severe power fluctuations in your area, you can file a claim with GEBE. Before you complete the claim form, please carefully read the information below.
- GEBE does not guarantee an uninterrupted electricity/water supply.
- Voltage fluctuations during regular operation or before/after a power outage are common occurrences in small island electrical grids.
- Clients should protect all their electrical appliances from surges by installing surge protectors. Read more on protecting electrical equipment
GEBE CLAIMS POLICY
- Any settlement of damage is on a cost-to-repair basis.
- Only if a product cannot be repaired will GEBE consider the replacement value. The replacement value is the cost to replace the damaged product with a product of the same age, functionality or market value.
- Untrue or incorrect information will automatically lead to the rejection of the claim.
- GEBE will not reimburse customers for consequential losses (e.g. loss of profits, wages, lost computer data, loss of computer programs etc).
DAMAGED APPLIANCES & EQUIPMENT
To ensure that your claim is dealt with as soon as possible, please provide:
- Make, model number and age of damaged item(s)
- Original purchase receipt / proof of date of purchase
- inspection by GEBE personnel or agent(s) until the claim has been settled in full.
If your Claim Form is incomplete or missing supporting documentation, your claim CANNOT be processed.